Sunday, February 1, 2009

13.1 miles

It's official: I've registered to run the MORE | fitness half-marathon.Now that I've posted it on my blog, it's official.

Since Cara's blog might turn slightly wedding-focused (still so excited for you!) mine might now turn into a half-marathon-training-focused blog. Tune in and keep me accountable, please!

This, so far, is my training schedule. Does anyone else have a favorite training site?

First goal met: I ran 4 miles on the treadmill yesterday. That was a feat considering my ADD concentration issues, and that I've never run that far in one fell swoop, only stopping to walk once. And I could have kept going and made it 5 had it not been for the steely glares of those waiting for my machine.

Onward!

6 comments:

sulu-design said...

Yes, you've published it on the blog, so now it must be! I'm so glad to hear you'll be running a half marathon. I've been toying with the idea of registering for another one myself. My training plan was super basic and not worth mentioning. But sticking to any plan, I think, will get you there. Looking forward to hearing about it. Good luck!

rachel. said...

susan! if you have any words of wisdom from your experience, please let me know. you were definitely one of my motivators in deciding to do this!

Anonymous said...

YAY! Good for you! After a handful of halves and a full last year, if you need any advice (or more so, awesome running playlists!), you know who to call =)

Julie said...

Terrific goal! I can't wait to read about how it's going. I'm so in awe of people who can run that far, as I am most definitely not one of them. I'll gladly provide words of encouragement along the way. :)

Cara Hall said...

Well that is very exciting!

rachel. said...

kristin -- you are also one of my main motivators! please do send any advice and running playlists my way. i'll take what i can get!

jules and chall -- you should join me! :)