I'm going to go ahead and say it: This summer was a bit of a disappointment. Don't you agree? It rained all of June; July came and went; and I'm not sure what happened to August. And now September has come and gone. How has this happened?
That said, I made it through about half my summer to-do list. Now, onto fall, which I enjoy even more than summer. In fact, this morning, I woke up with the windows open and the cool air breezing in and I felt happier than I have in a long time. So, here goes ... this fall, I will:
* Hike Breakneck Ridge
* Go to Maine and visit Salt Water Farm -- DONE! I went last weekend for my birthday. More on that soon, when I get my pictures developed. (Yes, developed. I shot with film if you can believe it ...)
* Sit on the edge of Lake Metacomet
* Volunteer at the New York Marathon again
* Go to two weddings in the midwest -- one in Chicago this weekend, the other in Minnesota
* Volunteer at 826 Brooklyn
* Apple pick
* Meet baby Elsa, the daughter of my friend from my Country Home days, in Virginia
* Spend the rest of my 5 vacation days, which means I just might go back to Oregon and spend it on the coast. Maybe!
Anything else? What are you doing this fall?