Thursday, August 28, 2008

Front Row Seat to Hear Ol' Jonny Sing

I've been remiss in not posting about the amazing Roots Festival that I went to a few nights ago with Nikki (who is now a Kansas resident!) and her friend. It's a blues and BBQ festival in teeny Paola, Kansas, (about 45 minutes from my parents' house) and apparently it's been going on for 19 years. I'm a terrible former Kansas resident, because I had no idea it even existed. But I went to see Jonny Lang and he was, as always, amazing--especially from the front row.



See this girl? She jumped up on stage and played the shaker with Jonny, saying it'd always been her dream (to be on stage with Jonny, not necessarily to play the shaker). She rocked.


I haven't been loving up enough on Kansas City. It is home and will always be home, and I know I will end up back there someday. Leaving there is getting progressively harder and harder. After moving yet again today, I think I'm ready to put this in writing: I'm done moving. Either I stay here forever, or I go back to the prairie.


There's no place like home ... (sorry, I had to)

No comments: