Thursday, August 14, 2008

Little Victories

Ladies and gentlemen, good news: I have a job interview when I get to New York!

I know, it's just one interview. But it's been quite some time since I've heard back from anyone in this job search, so I take what I can get. If I had some extra cash I'd buy this little number to wear at it:

I'm accepting donations.

In other news (or, perhaps it's related), I've been a bit stressed lately. I woke up last night at 3 a.m. thinking there was a baby (a baby!) in my bed and that I'd lost it. I immediately turned on my bedside lamp, shut my bedroom door, and frantically (very panicked. Heart racing and everything) searched through my bed until I realized, a) there was no freaking baby, and b) I'm an idiot. I went back to sleep.

So this afternoon, I'm taking some time away from this:


My never-ending pile of clips, resumes, and cover letters ... (yes that's Rigby helping out)

... to instead deal with this:


... my never-ending pile of books and magazines. Ah, so much more enticing, don't you think? It'll be a good respite, I think, and hopefully remind me of why I'm doing what I'm doing.

And on the back of my Yoga Journal (speaking of, why does Kansas lack any decent yoga studios?) I found this ad for lululemon. First off, I love that it's for lulu and you'd never know; it doesn't say it anywhere. And secondly, it's a bit uplifting without being too schmaltzy.


"Do one thing a day that scares you."

Today, that one thing will be a bike ride with my dad sans a helmet. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Julie said...

That LuLu ad is great, isn't it? I just so happen to have a big shopping bag with something similar covering the entire side ... I often get lost reading it and it makes me very happy. :) That's what's on the back of my sister's business card too ... how great is that?

Enjoy the magazine reading and the bike riding! (I'm envious of both.)

And congrats on the job interview! Let me know more!

rachel. said...

didn't get to go bike riding b/c of the rain. but the magazine reading was great :)

sending you an email about the job as we speak ... er, type ...

Camels & Chocolate said...

Oooh good luck with your job interview!

rachel. said...

thanks! i'll letcha know how it goes.