Thursday, August 28, 2008

New York, New York

I'm here. Yes, I made it. I've only been here for two hours, and technically I'm in Brooklyn, so I haven't even gotten a glimpse of my favorite skyline. But tomorrow I have my first (and one of the most important) interview at 11 am, and as Ivy said, "You'll get off the subway and a chorus of angels will sing." Ok, maybe not, but it'll be nice.

The wonderful apartment I'm staying for a month is just that: wonderful, amazing, ridiculous. A little tease. And she has a cat who is making me miss my Rigby something awful.

And I'm not ashamed to admit it: I was a wreck upon leaving today. Leaving home gets harder and harder every time. Right now, at this very moment, I'm feeling ok. But ask me again tomorrow.

More soon.

2 comments:

sulu-design said...

Yay - you've arrived! Say hello to the city for me, enjoy every moment (including the insane, frustrating ones - all part of the NYC experience), and have a cup of Stumptown.

rachel. said...

will do. and visit, soon!