Friday, October 24, 2008

Am Alive and Kickin'

So sad that my last post that's been living on here forever was about an iPod when so many other exciting things have happened lately.

The most exciting thing: A JOB!

Yes, it's true. I'm no long an unemployed schlump. I'm thrilled. Beyond thrilled. I started Monday and so far it's busy, challenging, and slightly overwhelming, but also incredibly fulfilling. And it's a breath of fresh air considering the situation I came from. (My boss tells me to leave at 6 and scolds me if I don't leave for at least an hour's lunch.)

Second exciting thing: AN APARTMENT!

I now have a permanent place to lay my head, and it doesn't involve an air mattress. It does, however, involve a very cool Midwest girl and her very cool boyfriend from Maine. And best of all, it involves a very beautiful Australian Shepherd, the same kind of dog as my Tess and Haley.

It's all falling into place, friends. It just takes some time and patience and trust. I'll get more into that later. In short, I've learned so so so much.

5 comments:

Laure said...

Congrats on the Job and Apartment!!!

sulu-design said...

Wow! This is huge! Congratulations on the job and the new place. Where is the apartment? And what exactly are you doing? I'm so excited for you... it's all falling into place!

rachel. said...

thanks laure -- a surprise comment from you! hope you're doing well.

rachel. said...

thanks, susan! the apartment is in cobble hill. do you know the area? i'm thrilled!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, I'm so behind on the Internets! That's amazing times two!!!