Wednesday, October 1, 2008

As a Treat ...

When/if I finally land a job, I'd very much like to reward myself with a little yoga retreat. (Yeah, yeah, I know: Rachel lands a job, immediately goes on vacation. I'm talking about a few months after being hired.)


See, the bitch of life is that when I probably need yoga the most, I can't afford it. It's been July since I've been to a class; probably the longest stretch I've gone since I started practice, oh, six years ago.

Any recommendations on YouTube videos for at-home practice?

Julie
and Cara: I think you should join me on this Mexican retreat. Yeah? Good.

6 comments:

Cara Hall said...

Well, if you insist.

rachel. said...

deal :)

Patricia Prijatel said...

Can I come too?

And I love my Rodney Ye DVDs. You can get them at the library.

Have you read Eat, Pray, Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert? After that, I want to head to India for my yoga.

rachel. said...

i haven't read that yet, but it's on my never-ending list. i'm still reading In Defense of Food.

thanks for the DVD suggestion, too. i'll check it out.

oh, and of course you can come, too! wouldn't it be fantastic?

Julie said...

Count me in. In in in. Can we go right now?

I was actually just writing my goals statement for my graduate program tonight and put "become a yoga teacher" in it. I will do that someday. Only I haven't been to a yoga class all summer either, so I should probably practice a few downward dogs before I run off to any yoga retreats.

Get "The Pleasure of Strength" with Ana Forrest. You can buy it on her website. Jeff recommended it when I moved so I know you'll like it. :)

And yes, read Eat, Pray, Love. It will most definitely make you want to run off to an ashram. And to Bali. And everywhere else she goes.

rachel. said...

oh, yeah, i was wondering what jeff recommended to you. ok, i'm definitely going to check that out, too. thanks!